Aug 24, 2011

Island Girl

Wow... it has been months and months since I have posted, life has been full of all sorts of new adventures including landing an amazing job and relocating across the country to a new province and city and meeting amazing friends. It isn't Environmental Planning like I had initially envisioned where my career would begin, but they say things happen for a reason and I tend to agree.

My new life is everything I could have possibly dreamt of and more and everyday it gets more amazing. The job is great and I am really good at it and excelling very quickly - which has caught my boss's attention. I am already managing my own areas and working with developers and municipalities and making a name for myself. I am a District Development Technician, and the job is a perfect fit. Between the job and the city I really don't see myself leaving this new found paradise anytime soon.. or ever really.

I have an amazing group of friends, we have so much fun and do so much, I rarely have downtime (which is ok with me). I have already seen and done so much. I feel like there is so much to see and do here that I will never run out of things to see and do.

The pets are adjusting well and Marls loves the ocean and the fact that she gets to come virtually everywhere with me. The stores downtown are pretty great and they let her come in most places and she has transitioned really well into more of a city dog. We still get some forest time and it will definitely increase more and more as time goes on.  She loved Tofino and I'm sure she'll be happy to go back in the next few weekends, and get some quality ocean swimming time and camping.

What can I say other than I love my freaking life and I am so lucky!! They say hard work and determination pays off and I think I am a walking billboard for that. I had such a great support group of friends and family that stood by me through school and hard times and I know they are all happy and proud of where I have ended up. So thank you soo much!! You all know who you are!!! I love you guys and I miss you :D

Well that's all for now but I will post again soon :D:D:D:D:D:D


No comments:

Post a Comment